8 Feb 2012

recipe | Beet, Apple, Carrot and Ginger Juice


Since I began reading Jitterbug Perfume, I can't help but find myself craving beets. I've always been a fan of them as a side-dish but have been trying out different things made with beets such as jams, juices, sauces etc. One of my particular favourites has to be beet in it's juice form, and the above ingredients are the perfect compliments. The first beet juice I had ever tasted was the Renew from Liquid Nutrition, and though it was tasty, I had to say the best was, (as always,) homemade. So here's a quick recipe for some super delicious and healthy juice.

Ingredients:


  • 6 medium Beets, trimmed and peeled
  • 4 large Carrots, peeled
  • 2 large Gala or Pink Lady Apples
  • 1 medium chunk of fresh Ginger
  • 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
Method:

Pass first four ingredients through a juicer and strain. Stir in Lemon Juice.

Done. Easy-peasy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment