16 Feb 2012

day(s) in the life | Candles and Sweets


This week felt never-ending. I had a lot to get done and little time to do it. Went for my second buying appointment with my bosses, this time for Insight Fall '13. As soon as I walked into the room I felt myself wishing that entire collection was in my closet. (One day...) The top photo was taken by my boss. These are the (GORGEOUS) collectible Insight51 candles from collection, and yes, we will be selling them at our store come Fall 2013. So mark your calendars, kiddies.

Anyway, I'm really starting to understand how to buy for a store. It's not always easy to put your own personal style tastes aside and think of the customer and what they would want and need. It all boils down to the fact that I do that type of work everyday; so knowing my sales and store and applying that knowledge will really help me decide which pieces to add to our stock. Blah blah blah.

On to more important things, like desserts! Please don't judge me for having the world's sweetest sweet tooth.  Bottom left is a photo of a sugar-and-spice tasting banana cupcake that my boss picked up on the way back from our buying appointment from Aux Vivres and bottom right is a pre-Valentine's day shot of my gifts for my Valentine and myself. Though none of those made it past midnight that night. 
Yes, I'll admit it; I have a problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment