23 Feb 2012

book | The Dreamer's Dictionary, Robinson & Corbett


Oddly enough, this book happens to be one of my most treasured childhood possessions. My copy is in no where near as good condition. I, at seven years old, or younger, remember playing with this book and pretending to be some kind of fortune-teller/witch and drawing little symbols on every new chapter page. Although, I'm not entirely sure if I should call them chapters. This book is true to the title and does actually read like a dictionary. This is one of the reasons it is one of my most treasured possessions.

When I was younger my mum and I used to share a bedroom as we lived in a small apartment and my brother needed his own room. We were incredibly close so it didn't matter much at the time that we didn't have the extra space. As a result of our constant closeness, we'd made a habit of discussing our dreams every night/morning. We would look up key elements of our dreams in this book and spend hours giggling or pondering over our subconscious. Even thinking about that now makes my heart feel a little warm.

Like I said, my copy is in horrible shape. The pages are incredibly yellowed and the cover has been torn off but I intend to keep this gem on my bookshelf forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment